pywinauto 0.3.8 released - collection of changes from the last two years
Mark Mc Mahon
mark.m.mcmahon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:09:47 CET 2009
The 0.3.8 release of pywinauto is now available.
pywinauto is a set of open-source (LGPL) modules for using Python as a GUI
automation 'driver' for Windows NT based Operating Systems (NT/W2K/XP).
SourceForge project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywinauto
Download from SourceForge
Here is the list of changes from 0.3.7:
0.3.8 Collecting improvements from last 2 years
* Fixed toolbar button pressing - This required for
HwndWrapper.NotifyParent() to be updated (to accept a new
* Fixed a bug wherea listview without a column control would
make pywinauto fail to capture the dialog.
* Converted documenation from Pudge generated to Sphinx Generated
* Added some baic support for Pager and Progress controls
(no tests yet)
* Added some more VB 'edit' window classes
* Added some more VB 'listbox' window classes
* Added some more VB 'button' window classes
* Ensured that return value from ComboBoxWrapper.SelectedIndices
is always a tuple (there was a bug where it would sometimes be
a ctypes array)
* Changed default for finding windows to find disabled windows
as well as enabled ones (previous was to find enabled windows only)
(note this may impact scripts that relied on the previous
setting i.e. in cases where two dialogs have the same title!)
* Much better handling of InvalidWindowHandle during automation
runs. This could be raised when a closing window is still available
when the automation was called, but is gone half way through
whatever function was called.
* Made clicking more robust by adding a tiny wait between each
SendMessageTimeout in _perform_click().
* Added attributes ``can_be_label`` and ``has_title`` to ``HwndWrapper``
and subclasses to specify whether a control can act as a label for
other controls, and whether the title should be used for identifying
the control. If you have created your own HwndWrapper subclasses you
may need to override the defaults.
* Added a ``control_id`` parameter to find_windows which allows
finding windows based off of their control id's
* Added a FriendlyClassName method to MenuItem
* Split up the functions for button truncation data
* Commented out code to get a new font if the font could not
* Moved code to get the control font from Truncation test to
* Added a function to get the string representation of the
bug. (need to refactor PrintBugs at some point).
* Fixed a variable name (from fname -> font_attrib as fname
was not a defined variable!)
* Forced some return values from MissingExtraString test
to be Unicode
* Fixed the MiscValues test (converted to Unicode and
removed some extraneous characters)
* Updated the path for all unittests
* Made two unit tests sligthly more robust and less dependent
on computer/app settings
* Updated timing settings for unit tests
* Updated the examples to work in dev environment.
If you want to follow this project then please sign up to the mailing list:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Python-announce-list