ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.1-0.9.8j-1

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at
Mon Mar 16 23:40:33 CET 2009

          pyOpenSSL Distribution

                        Version 0.8.1-0.9.8j-1

             An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
               of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
                  available on Windows and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (
that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
certificate management tools.

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol

For more information, please see the product page:

This new release of the pyOpenSSL Distribution fixes a
serious problem in pyOpenSSL 0.8 related to threaded applications.

The problem causes invalid thread states in the Python interpreter which
then result in random core dumps and seg faults. The patch was provided
by Maxim Sobolev on SourceForge:

Note that this patch has not yet been integrated into upstream

We have also fixed several compiler warnings found in the code. The
version of pyOpenSSL you find in the source release has those patches

Binaries are available for Linux x86 and x64 as well as Windows x86
and include pyOpenSSL as well as the OpenSSL libraries.

For Plone users and friends of buildout scripts, we have added
pre-built binaries for Windows. They install just like the Linux
versions and allow easy integration of the archives into buildout

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 16 2009)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48