Massimo Di Pierro
mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Mar 18 04:38:33 CET 2009
web2py 1.59 is out
Check out this video about the new features:
What is web2py?
- It is the web framework used by PyCon 2009 for registration.
- It a very easy and very powerful Python web framework.
- It is fast and rock solid.
- It has a very clean design and it is strong on security.
- Includes a web based development environment, maintenance
environment, and database administrative interface.
- Includes a Database Abstraction Layer that works with SQLite, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, FireBird, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2 the Google App Engine. The
DAL does migrations, handles aggregates, nested selects, inner and
- Includes a pure Python based template language with no indentation
- Includes jQuery, simplejson, markdown, feedparser, PyRSS2, nicEdit,
EditArea, Amy Editor.
- Runs on any platform that runs python. The binary versions can run
off a USB drive.
- The same apps can run on a PC with Oracle or on the Google App
Engine or on Windows Mobile, without changes, including the DAL.
- Includes API for authentication and record-level group based access
New features In 1.59:
- DB2 support
- new Service interface to expose functions in CSV, XML, JSON,
JSONRPC, XMLRPC and AMFRPC (Flash//Flex)
- optional Amy editor (instead of edit_area) has keyboard shortcuts
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Python-announce-list