EPD 4.3.0 released

Ilan Schnell ischnell at enthought.com
Wed May 20 18:59:24 CEST 2009

I am pleased to announce that EPD (Enthought Python Distribution) version
4.3.0 has been released.  You may find more information about EPD, as
well as download a 30 day free trial here:

You can check out the release notes here:

The main point of this release was to update NumPy and SciPy to the latest
versions and to introduce the ability to install, update and rollback
using our package repository (for basic and above subscribers only, please
contact us for username and password).

About EPD
The Enthought Python Distribution (EPD) is a "kitchen-sink-included"
distribution of the Python Programming Language, including over 80
additional tools and libraries. The EPD bundle includes NumPy, SciPy,
IPython, 2D and 3D visualization, database adapters, and a lot of
other tools right out of the box.

It is currently available as a single-click installer for Windows XP and
(x86), Mac OS X (a universal binary for OS X 10.4 and above),
RedHat 3, 4 and 5 (x86 and amd64), as well as Solaris 10 (x86).

EPD is free for academic use.  An annual subscription including installation
support is available for individual and commercial use.  Additional
support options, including customization, bug fixes and training classes
are also available:

- Ilan