Distribute 0.6.7 released

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:12:09 CET 2009

On behalf of the Distribute team, I am pleased to announce the 0.6.7
release of Distribute.

Distribute is a fork of the Setuptools project, and the 0.6.x series a
drop-in replacement for Setuptools. Distribute is intended to replace
Setuptools as the standard method for working with Python module
distributions, on the top of Distutils.

This release is as usual, availabe at PyPI:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute

Most noticeable changes in 0.6.7 are:

- now the develop command supports the --user option, so it can use
the per-user site packages (PEP 370)
- the generated scripts now wrap their call to the script entry point
in the standard "if name == 'main'"
- better errors handling in PackageIndex when files and pages are
visited by easy_install
- a virtualenv-compatible version, so the next virtualenv release will
be able to provide a --distribute option.

You can visit http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute#id2 for a full
CHANGES list.

We are now starting the 0.6.8 work in parallel of 0.7.x development,
with more bugfixes coming up.

More info:
- documentation : http://packages.python.org/distribute
- tracker: http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issues/