PiCloud Beta Release

Ken Elkabany Ken at Elkabany.com
Mon Nov 2 00:59:32 CET 2009

PiCloud has released a Python library, cloud, which allows you to
easily offload the execution of a function to a cluster of servers
running on Amazon Web Services. As a beta product, we are currently
free to all users who sign up with beta code "PYTHONLIST". To
register, go to http://www.picloud.com

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Full service description:
PiCloud is a cloud-computing platform that integrates into the Python
Programming Language. It enables you to leverage the compute power of
Amazon Web Services without having to manage, maintain, or configure
virtual servers.

PiCloud integrates seamlessly into your existing code base through a
custom Python library, cloud. To offload the execution of a function
to the cloud, all you must do is pass your desired function into the
cloud library. PiCloud will then run the function on its
high-performance and automatically-scaling cluster. We quickly scale
our server capacity, both up and down, to meet your computational
needs, and only charge you for the resources you actually consume.
Getting on the cloud has never been this easy!

PiCloud improves the full cycle of software development and
deployment. Functions that are run on PiCloud have their resource
usage monitored, performance analyzed, and errors traced; we further
aggregate all your functions to give you a bird's eye view of your
service. Through these introspective capabilities, PiCloud enables you
to develop faster, easier, and smarter.

Common use cases for our platform:
* Crawling the web
* Manipulating images and videos
* Generating charts and graphs
* Statistical/Mathematical analysis of data sets
* Real-time data processing

Cheers,

Ken Elkabany
PiCloud, Inc.