Fabric 0.9 released

Jeff Forcier bitprophet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:40:54 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to announce the release of Fabric 0.9!

Quoting the README:

    Fabric is a Python library and command-line tool for streamlining
the use
    of SSH for application deployment or systems administration tasks.

    It provides a basic suite of operations for executing local or
remote shell
    commands (normally or via ``sudo``) and uploading/downloading
files, as
    well as auxiliary functionality such as prompting the running user
for
    input, or aborting execution.

Fabric 0.9.0 is available on PyPI:

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Fabric/0.9.0

This 0.9 release marks a near-total rewrite from the previous Fabric
release,
version 0.1.x, with significant internal and external differences.
It's more
Pythonic, offers extra "contrib" functionality on top of the basic
operations,
and more besides.

A list of major differences from the 0.1.x line can be found here:

    http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9.0/changes/0.9.html#major-changes

The official webpage, including documentation and links to our ticket
tracker,
wiki, etc is now fabfile.org:

    http://fabfile.org/
    http://docs.fabfile.org/ (currently, fabfile.org brings you here)