gevent 0.11.1 released
denis.bilenko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:23:54 CET 2009
gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library that uses
greenlet to provide
a high-level synchronous API on top of libevent event loop.
* convenient API around greenlets
* familiar synchronization primitives (gevent.event, gevent.queue)
* socket module that cooperates
* WSGI server on top of libevent-http
* DNS requests done through libevent-dns
* monkey patching utility to get pure Python modules to cooperate
0.11.1 fixes a few bugs:
* Fixed bug in select.select() function. Passing non-empty list of
write descriptors used to cause this function to fail.
* Changed setup.py to go ahead with the compilation even if the actual
version of libevent cannot be determined (version 1.x.x is assumed in
* Fixed wsgi‘s start_response to recognize exc_info argument.
* Fixed setup.py to look for libevent.dylib rather than .so on Darwin platforms.
Thanks to Ludvig Ericson for contributing the last two items.
Get it on PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gevent
More information about the Python-announce-list