Moovida Media Center 1.0.7 Release
guillaume at fluendo.com
Tue Sep 15 14:49:12 CEST 2009
Dear Python users,
The Moovida team is happy to announce the release of Moovida Media
Center 1.0.7, code-named "Jeepers Creepers".
Moovida, formerly known as Elisa, is a cross-platform and open-source
Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
This new release adds experimental support for DVD playback (including from DVD images). It also includes many bug fixes; most notably: Moovida now obtains album covers again (now using Last.fm) and the start-up looks nicer than ever.
This release is a lightweight release, meaning it is pushed through our
automatic plugin update system. Additionally a windows installer is
available for download on our website.
As usual, for users already running Moovida, the upgrade to 1.0.7 should
be done automatically via the plugin repository.
A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:
This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a media-centered day,
Guillaume, for the Moovida team
-------------- next part --------------
Moovida 1.0.7 "Jeepers Creepers"
This is Moovida 1.0.7, seventh release of the 1.0 branch.
New features since 1.0.6:
- New DVD playback interface, with better integration in Moovida
- Beta DVD playback now supported on Windows (dependent on the gstreamer
installation on other platforms)
- Support of VIDEO_TS directory playing in the file browser
- Album covers are now obtained through Last.fm's API
Bugs fixed since 1.0.6:
- 415018: Unclassified videos missing/library rescan fail
- 309178: AttributeError: Deferred instance has no attribute 'cancel'
- 327697: Search functions in external plugins need a restart to work
- 382809: Various texts in the UI are not CGI escaped when needed
- 405346: [win32] Ship pyOpenSSL in the windows build
- 418704: http client doesn't resend request body if server closed connection
before first attempt
- 422099: Loading of main menu is visually clunky
- 425748: Discogs resource provider broken
- 427208: http_client has a strong dependency on PyOpenSSL
- 429539: popups displayed at launch time don't get the focus
- 251732: bus deadlocks in some cases
- 257617: Wrong icon for data CD's and DVD's
- 429304: Retrieve album covers from Last.FM API
- 297131: [linux] LIRC plugin tracebacks if lircd not running
- 425270: Fix the scanning widget localization
- 232702: Ability to mount disc images
- 312571: Folders Containing DVD Rip not Recognized as DVD
- 346511: Cursor keys doesn't work in DVD menus
You can find source releases of Moovida on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://www.moovida.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Anna Wojdel
- David McLeod
- Fernando Casanova Coch
- Florian Boucault
- Guillaume Emont
- Jutta Mailander
- Lionel Martin
- Lo?c Molinari
- Maxwell Young
- Micha? Sawicz
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
- Rafa? Zawadzki
- Ugo Riboni
- Xose P?rez
More information about the Python-announce-list