oursql 0.9.2 released -- better mysql for python 2/3
habnabit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 01:26:36 CEST 2010
oursql 0.9.2 has been released, making it now the only mysql driver
for python that runs on python 3.x.
For source, windows binaries, issue tracking, and basically
everything, see https://launchpad.net/oursql
oursql was basically written to work all-around better than MySQLdb.
I'll get benchmarks up soonish showing that it's also generally more
performant. From the documentation, here's a short list of reasons why
you should use oursql over MySQLdb:
* oursql has real parameterization, sending the SQL and data to mysql
* oursql allows text or binary data to be streamed into the database
and streamed out of the database, instead of requiring everything to
be buffered in the client.
* oursql can both insert rows lazily and fetch rows lazily.
* oursql has unicode support on by default, as well as making more of
an effort to ensure that .
* oursql supports python 2.4 through 3.1 without any deprecation
warnings on 2.6+ (see PEP 218), without completely failing on 2.7 (see
PEP 328), and without requiring the user to mess around with 2to3 on
* oursql is licensed under the BSD license.
More information about the Python-announce-list