robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:59:08 CEST 2010
grin is a grep-like tool for recursively searching through text
files, primarily source code.
grin 1.2 is a feature release.
* Add several speed-enhancements from Paul Pelzl.
* Allow reading of sockets, thanks to Floris Bruynooghe.
* Added enhanced file extension recognition to handle extensions like # or
.tar.gz, thanks to Anders J. Munch.
* Add grinpython.py example which will search through Python files and only
find results in actual code, string literals, or comments, in any
* Silent handling of KeyboardInterrupt.
* Bug fixes and small enhancements from Sam Ockman, Adam Gomaa and
* Update the argparse 1.1 to use the new, non-deprecated handling of the
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
though it had an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco
More information about the Python-announce-list