grin 1.2

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:59:08 CEST 2010

grin is a grep-like tool for recursively searching through text
files, primarily source code.

 Download: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/grin
 SVN:      https://svn.enthought.com/svn/sandbox/grin/trunk
 License:  BSD

grin 1.2 is a feature release.

  * Add several speed-enhancements from Paul Pelzl.

  * Allow reading of sockets, thanks to Floris Bruynooghe.

  * Added enhanced file extension recognition to handle extensions like # or
    .tar.gz, thanks to Anders J. Munch.

  * Add grinpython.py example which will search through Python files and only
    find results in actual code, string literals, or comments, in any
    combination.

  * Silent handling of KeyboardInterrupt.

  * Bug fixes and small enhancements from Sam Ockman, Adam Gomaa and
Larry Hastings.

  * Update the argparse 1.1 to use the new, non-deprecated handling of the
    --version argument.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."