ANN: Chicago Python User Group August meeting this Thursday 7pm ITA

bray at bray at
Tue Aug 10 16:35:15 CEST 2010

7 PM Thursday Aug 12, 2010  (This Thursday in the loop)

RSVP here ->

Get ready for the best ChiPy meeting ever!  We will head over to ITA in
the loop for this free and informative (not to mention fun and filling)
Chicago Python User Group.  ChiPy newcomer (but not new to Python or
speaking for that matter) Steve Ayers will be leading the show for some
data mining tips. PyGame and Python 3 porting guide overviews to follow.
Finally, we will have a panel discussion that will dispel some of the
Cloud Computing myths and define the term from the Pythonic perspective.

 * (45 min) Data Mining With Python -- Steve Ayers
 * (10 min) Break for Pizza (  Thanks, Paul May & Associates )
 * (15 min) PyWeek competition and PyGame library Example -- Eugenia
 * (20 min) Python 3 porting guide walk-through -- Brian Curtin
 * (20+ min) Panel Discussion on, "Defining 'Cloud computing' and how
 Python relates" See ChiPy List for Details

 Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
 200 S. Wacker Drive
 15th Floor
 Chicago, IL 60606

 Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, first door on the

Sign Up

RSVP please so we know how much pizza/beer to order:

About the group
ChiPy is made up of people of all levels of programming and Python
knowledge. At every meeting we have had both beginning programmers,
people who are just starting to use Python, as well as experienced
Python programmers. Don't be intimidated about coming to a meeting.

Note that ChiPy is not a formal organization. We collect no dues,
elect no officers, and keep no roster. Signing up for the mailing list
carries no obligation. Nor does showing up at the meetings. Nor, at
least so far, does anything else we have done, although we always
appreciate it when our presenters show up. (They usually do!)
Chicago mailing list
Chicago at