phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Aug 11 16:59:33 CEST 2010
I'm pleased to announce version 0.13.0, the first stable release of branch
0.13 of SQLObject.
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
Firebird, Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also known as SAPDB).
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
News since 0.12
Features & Interface
* SQLObject instances that don't have a per-instance connection can be
pickled and unpickled.
* Validators became stricter: StringCol and UnicodeCol now accept only str,
unicode or an instance of a class that implements __unicode__ (but not
__str__ because every object has a __str__ method); BoolCol accepts only
bool or int or an instance of a class that implements __nonzero__; IntCol
accepts int, long or an instance of a class that implements __int__ or
__long__; FloatCol accepts float, int, long or an instance of a class
that implements __float__, __int__ or __long__.
* Added a connection class for rdbhost.com (commercial Postgres-over-Web
* Added TimedeltaCol; currently it's only implemented on PostgreSQL as an
* Do not pollute the base sqlmeta class to allow Style to set idName. In
the case of inherited idName inherited value takes precedence; to allow
Style to set idName reset inherited idName to None.
* Better handling of circular dependencies in sqlobject-admin -
do not include the class in the list of other classes.
* Renamed db_encoding to dbEncoding in UnicodeStringValidator.
* A new parameter 'sslmode' was added to PostgresConnection.
* Removed SQLValidator - its attemptConvert was never called because in
FormEncode it's named attempt_convert.
For a more complete list, please see the news:
Oleg Broytman http://phd.pp.ru/ phd at phd.pp.ru
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
More information about the Python-announce-list