nick at boxdesign.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 00:40:29 CEST 2010
I am pleased to announce the release of PyAMF 0.6b2.
PyAMF implements Adobe's ActionScript Message Format  such that Python applications can natively talk to Flash and Air applications.
Highlights of this release:
* A huge performance boost, especially for the c-extensions. Current benchmarks put this around an order of magnitude faster than PyAMF 0.5.1 (pure python version is around 30% faster)
* Dropped support for Python 2.3, a start to a march to Python 3 compatibility
* Provide support for Django >= 1.2 and SQLAlchemy >= 0.6
* Switched the client from httplib to urllib2 and provided support for session cookies, gzip encoded responses and more!
* Provided support for AppEngine's BlobReferenceProperty
* Property synonyms are now supported.
* Default AMF version has been switched from AMF0 to AMF3
For a detailed list of changes, see the change log .
Check out the download page  and installation instructions .
Got questions? First stop is the mailing list  or IRC .
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Message_Format
 - http://github.com/hydralabs/pyamf/blob/release-0.6b2/CHANGES.txt
 - http://pyamf.org/community/download.html
 - http://pyamf.org/install.html
 - http://pyamf.org/community/mailinglist.html
 - http://pyamf.org/community/irc.html
More information about the Python-announce-list