millerdev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:39:03 CEST 2010
I'm pleased to announce the first public release of EditXT
What is it?
A programmer's text editor for Mac OS X
Written in Python with PyObjC.
- Find/Replace with regular expression support and other conveniences.
- Smart indent/dedent with tabs or spaces.
- Comment/uncomment selection.
- Word wrap.
- Line numbers.
- Cursor position/selection length indicator.
- Unix/Mac/Windows line ending support.
- Document pane with drag/drop support.
- Undo beyond save and beyond auto-reload on external change.
- Persistent projects (cannot save project as file yet).
- Preliminary support for character encodings other than UTF-8.
- Sort lines tool.
- Licensed under GPLv3 (source code available at http://editxt.org/)
- Over 1500 unit tests (OK, not really a feature)
- sometimes the close (X) buttons in the document pane stop displaying the dirty status of the documents. This is VERY ANNOYING, I wish I could find a way to reproduce this bug.
- changing the tab width when in tab-indent mode does not automatically update the width of tabs. Recommendation: use spaces not tabs for indentation.
- there may be others...
More information about the Python-announce-list