anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 20:40:54 CET 2010
What is cx_Logging?
cx_Logging is a Python extension module which operates in a fashion
similar to the logging module that ships with Python 2.3 and higher.
It also has a C interface which allows applications to perform logging
independently of or in tandem with Python.
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for Python 2.7 and Python 3.1.
2) Only perform the repr() calculation if the logging level is at the
level that a log message needs to be written in order to improve
3) Ensure that stdcall calling convention is used on Windows across
the board so that other applications which assume stdcall work as
expected without extra work.
4) Include export symbols to make the Microsoft compiler on Windows
export symbols; otherwise, it ignores the request when using the
5) Fix determination of import library for the Microsoft compiler.
6) Expose WriteMessageForPython() and IsLoggingAtLevelForPython()
which are needed by ceODBC.
7) Eliminate segmentation fault if unicode string cannot be encoded.
8) Remove situation where a failure in writing to the log file was masked.
9) Fix support for AIX as suggested by Tamas Gulacsi.
More information about the Python-announce-list