jendrikseipp at web.de
Sun Dec 26 18:35:56 CET 2010
I am proud to announce the release of Pogo 0.3.1, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.
You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at
What is Pogo?
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.
Pogo is written in Python and uses GTK+ and gstreamer.
What's new in
0.3.1 "You are a radar detector" (2010-12-26)
* When a track is added from nautilus etc. start playback if not already
* Show info messages when no music directories have been added
* Stop old search when user clears search field or enters new search phrase
* Add search shortcut (Ctrl-F)
* Do not allow adding root or home directory to music directories
* Translations updated
More information about the Python-announce-list