gevent 0.12.0 released
denis.bilenko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:48:26 CET 2010
gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library that uses
greenlet to provide a high-level synchronous API on top of libevent
- convenient API around greenlets
- familiar synchronization primitives (Event, Queue)
- cooperative socket and ssl modules
- WSGI server on top of libevent-http
- DNS requests done through libevent-dns
- monkey patching utility to get pure Python modules, like urllib2, to cooperate
Download page: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gevent
* changes in 0.12.0 *
- The major new feature is a gevent.ssl module, that provides
cooperative implementation of the standard ssl module. It does not
require any additional extensions on Python ≥ 2.6. It also works on
2.4 and 2.5 if ssl package is installed. The old, PyOpenSSL-based
implementation of SSL objects is still available, but the new version
is the preferred way now.
- The library now compiles and passes most of the relevant tests on
Windows. It’s still has a few rough edges (e.g. Ctrl-C is not
working), so it should be considered experimental.
- The socket object gained some performance improvements as well as a
number of bugfixes.
- Several incompatibilities of wsgi module with the WSGI spec have been fixed.
Read the full changelog entry here: http://www.gevent.org/changelog.html
More information about the Python-announce-list