Save the date: SciPy 2010 June 28 - July 3

Amenity Applewhite amenity at enthought.com
Thu Feb 11 23:35:31 CET 2010

The annual US Scientific Computing with Python Conference, SciPy, has
been held at Caltech since it began in 2001. While we always love an
excuse to go to California, it’s also important to make sure that we
allow everyone an opportunity to attend the conference. So, as Jarrod
Millman announced last fall, we’ll begin rotating the conference
location and hold the 2010 conference in Austin, Texas.

As you may know, Enthought is headquartered in Austin. So in addition
to our standard SciPy sponsorship, this year we’ll also be undertaking
a great deal of the planning and organization.

To begin with, we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve secured several
corporate sponsorships that will allow us to host the conference at
the brand new AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on campus
at the University of Texas. It’s a wonderful facility in Central
Austin and provides easy access to an array of great restaurants,
parks, and music venues.

We will also be able to provide stipends for our Tutorial presenters
for the first time. These community members provide us with an
invaluable learning experience every year, and we’re very excited to
be able to compensate them for their efforts. And of course, we’ll
also continue to offer student sponsorships to support active academic
contributors who want to attend the conference.

So mark your calendars, folks! June 28 – July 3. Early registration
open now.

Thanks,
The Enthought Team
--