First Lalita release: 0.1.1

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 03:52:30 CET 2010

Python Argentina is pleased to announce the 0.1.1 release of Lalita.

    https://edge.launchpad.net/lalita/trunk/pre-alpha-1

Lalita is yet another IRC bot, one where new functionality is simple to
create by just adding easy-to-write plugins.

This is a pre-alpha release, our first release, but the delivered product
is quite robust: we're using it in production since almost a year ago.

Lalita is written with some goals in mind:

- Twisted! (we don't like threads)

- Pluggable: easy to implement new functionalities

- Have fun: yes, it's Python

As is said before, it's really easy to add new functionality (just copy the
example plugin and touch a couple of lines), but Lalita itself has a lot
of plugins already included, among which stand out:

- freenode: Executes all the authentication dialog on the Freenode
  servers (this plugin does not offer functionality to the end user,
  but allows Lalita to connect to Freenode using a registered user).

- misc: Implements a very simple functionality: answers "pong" to
  the user after receiving a "ping".

- url: Collects all the URLs that are said in the different channels,
  allowing then to search through them.

- seen: Implements two commands: "last" and "seen". The former tells what
  is the last said by an user, and the later tells when an user was seen
  last time (sometimes they match, sometimes don't).

For further information, the project page is:

    https://edge.launchpad.net/lalita

Regards,

--
.    Facundo