ANN ChiPy January Meeting Thurs 14th 7pm

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Jan 13 18:43:08 CET 2010

Chicago Python User Group
=========================

Talks
-----

ChiPy, the Chicago Python usergroup, is back again this month with
another round of fantastic talks.  This month we have:

- A talk by the celebrated David Beazley about changes to the GIL
   that have been added to the Python 3 branch (1hr)
- A talk by Christopher Webber about GitPython. (45min)
- A talk by Jordan Bettis giving a technical, standards-spec style
analysis of unicode (45min)

When
----

Thursday January 14th @ ~7:00pm

Location
--------

We have a great venue this month, Tech Nexus:
http://www.technexus.org/.

200 S. Wacker Drive 15th Floor Chicago, IL 60606 +1.312.924.1026
 From Union Station, exit to Adams St, cross the bridge, enter the
first doors you see to the right.

Across from the Tower formally known as Sears, corner of Adams and
South Wacker.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ITA%20200%20S.%20Wacker%20Drive%20Suite%201500%20Tech%20Nexus
.

Everyone is welcome but we need to let security
know in advance who is coming, so if you are planning on
attending, please list your name on (RSVP HERE):

  https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA

After
-----

After the meeting, for those interested we will meet up at bar near
Ogilvie station for social hour.

About ChiPy

ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers.  Participants range
from absolute beginners to seasoned veterans.  In short, *everyone* is
welcome (including you)!  Every second thursday of the month ChiPy
members gather to give talks on a wide variety of topics related to
Python and related technology.  Our community benefits from a variety
of participants, so we would love it if you would make yourself a
participant!

ChiPy website: http://chipy.org
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List: