anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 06:55:25 CEST 2010
What is cx_OracleDBATools?
cx_OracleDBATools is a set of Python scripts that handle Oracle DBA
tasks in a cross platform manner. These scripts are intended to work the
same way on all platforms and hide the complexities involved in managing
Oracle databases, especially on Windows. Binaries are provided for those
who do not have a Python installation.
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for Oracle 11.x.
2) Removed direct support for Oracle 8.x and Oracle 9.x which are no
longer supported by Oracle.
3) Write all SQL used for creating or restoring the database to the
file system to allow for manual recovery in case of failures.
4) Added new script for exporting the parameter file as a means of
testing the contents of the generated parameter file or for seeing the
contents of the stored parameter file if one is being used.
5) Fixed handling of parameter log_archive_duplex_dest.
6) Fixed hanlding of parameters with a blank value.
7) Workaround bug in Python on Linux where os.waitpid() results in an
OS error about no child processes.
8) Make source compatible with Python 3.x without losing compatibility
with Python 2.x.
9) Changed backup and restore to use RMAN which allows for backups
while the database is running. The backup utility can now create
directories, uncompressed tar files or tar files compressed with
either gzip or bzip2 as desired. Server parameter files (spfiles) and
password files are now backed up correctly.
10) On Windows, configuration is now read from the service directly
and the situation where the database is configured to start when the
service starts is now handled correctly.
11) Created build configuration script using the new version of
cx_Freeze which allows for building installer images on Windows and
RPM packages on Linux.
12) Added documentation.
13) The cx_Logging module is now used for all logging instead of
simply being printed to stdout or stderr.
More information about the Python-announce-list