[ANN] pyxser-1.4.4r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

Daniel Molina Wegener dmw at coder.cl
Sun Jun 20 18:16:36 CEST 2010

Hello Python Community.

I'm pleased to announce pyxser-1.4.4r, a python extension which
contains functions to serialize and deserialize Python Objects
into XML. It is a model based serializer. Here is the ChangeLog
entry for this release:

1.4.4r (2010.02.10):

        Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw at coder.cl>

        * src/include/pyxser_collections.h - added set handling
        function prototypes. Added support for unicode
        key names, which are converted to the user settings
        encoding (ie utf-8) inside the XML output.
        * src/pyxser_serializer.c - removed memory leak. Addded
        support for unicode object names in dictionary/list types.
        * src/pyxser_collections.c - added set handling function
        prototypes. added name property handling algorithm, so
        non string name properties are not serialized. I shall
        extend it to other modules.
        * src/pyxser_tools.c - added set handling prototypes and
        set type checking function.
        * test-utf8-leak.py - added serialization of SQL Alchemy
        objects, so we can test more complex Python objects
        * test-utf8-sqlalchemy.py - added sql alchemy object
        serialization test.
        * src/pyxser_serializer.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
        replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
        * src/pyxser_collections.c - reduced serialization algorithms
        replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
        * src/pyxser_typem.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
        replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.

        Thanks to pyxser users for their feedback.

This release contains some bug fixes, mainly related to type
checking and type handling. I hope this small extension will
help you on your programming tasks.

The project is hosted at:

The web page for the project is located at:

PyPi entry is:

For a sample article on how to integrate
pyxser with ZSI WebServices:

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>
Software Architect, System Programmer & Web Developer
Phone: +56 (2) 979-0277 | Blog: http://coder.cl/