EPD 6.1 & Upcoming Webinars

Amenity Applewhite amenity at enthought.com
Tue Mar 2 15:03:00 CET 2010

March is shaping up to be as busy as ever: planning SciPy 2010 (http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2010
), two great
webinars...and a new release of EPD!

*Enthought Python Distribution 6.1*

In EPD 6.1, NumPy and SciPy are dynamically linked against the MKL
linear algebra routines. This allows EPD users to seamlessly benefit
from
the highly optimized BLAS and LAPACK routines in the MKL. We were
certainly
expecting to observe performance improvements, but we were surprised
at just
how dramatic the optimizations were for applications run on dual and
multi-core Intel® processors. Refer to our benchmarking tests for more
info:
http://www.enthought.com/epd/mkl
Then try it yourself!
http://www.enthought.com/products/getepd.php

*Enthought March Webinars*
This Friday, Travis Oliphant will lead a webinar on optimization
methods in EPD.  Then, on the 19th, we'll host a webinar on Python
libraries
for integrating C and C++ code, namely Weave, Cython, and
ctypes.

Enthought Python Distribution Webinar
How do I... optimize?
Friday, March 5: 1pm CST/7pm UTC
Wait-list (for non-subscribers): email amenity at enthought.com

Scientific Computing with Python Webinar
Weave, Cython,  and ctypes
Friday, March 19: 1pm CST/7pm UTC
Register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/335697152

Enjoy!
The Enthought Team

Open Course Austin, TX: http://www.enthought.com/training/open-austin-sci.php
   Python for Scientists and Engineers
   •  May 17- 19
   Interfacing with C / C++ and Fortran
   •  May 20
   Introduction to UIs and Visualization
   •  May 21

Financial Open Course, London, UK: http://www.enthought.com/training/open-london-fin.php
   Python for Quants
   •  March 8-10
   Software Craftsmanship
   •  March 11
   Introduction to UIs and Visualization
   •  March 12

Pricing, licensing, and training inquiries
Didrik and Matt are dedicated to answering your questions and getting
you
the support you need.

US : Matt Harward
mharward at enthought.com