astng 0.20.0 and pylint 0.20.0 releases
emile.anclin at logilab.fr
Tue Mar 23 18:46:46 CET 2010
We are happy to announce astng 0.20.0 and pylint 0.20.0 releases.
Pylint http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint is a static code checker
based on Astng, both depending on logilab-common 0.49.
Astng http://www.logilab.org/project/logilab-astng builds an enhanced
Abstract Syntax Tree for Pylint.
Astng 0.20.0 is a major refactoring and speed improvement, all along
fixing a lot of important bugs:
Pylint 0.20.0 uses the new Astng, and fixes a lot of bugs too, adding some
#5564: Parameters with leading "_" shouldn't count as "local" variables
#18860: warn on assert( a, b ?)
#9776: warning if return or break inside a finally
#9982: specific message for NotImplemented exception
For a full list, check http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint/0.20.0
We would like to thank all people who contributed to this release,
* Colin Moris' patch closed #9263: no W0613 for __init__ (method does not
use all of its arguments)
* Johnson Fletcher implemented #18860, new W0199 message on assert (a, b)
* Daniel Harding, Jonathan Hartley and Pierre Rouleau solved the windows
batch files problems.
* Chmouel Boudjnah solved #19339: pylint.el : non existing py-mod-map
* Edward K. Ream / Tom Fleck patch closes #19641 (maximum recursion depth
* Winfried Plapper pointed out and fixed bugs in astng.nodes_as_string .
Also, we would thank all people who found new bugs, added interesting
tickets and helped with their suggestions to improve pylint and keep the
Emile Anclin <emile.anclin at logilab.fr>
Informatique scientifique & et gestion de connaissances
More information about the Python-announce-list