IMAPClient 0.6 released
menno at freshfoo.com
Tue May 11 15:18:31 CEST 2010
IMAPClient aims to be a easy-to-use, Pythonic and complete IMAP client
library with no dependencies outside the Python standard library.
* Arguments and return values are natural Python types.
* IMAP server responses are fully parsed and readily usable.
* IMAP unique message IDs (UIDs) are handled transparently. There is
no need to call different methods to use UIDs.
* Escaping for internationalised mailbox names is transparently
handled. Unicode mailbox names may be passed as input wherever a
folder name is accepted.
* Time zones are transparently handled including when the server and
client are in different zones.
* Convenience methods are provided for commonly used functionality.
* Exceptions are raised when errors occur. No need to check return
IMAPClient is licensed under the new BSD license.
Highlights for version 0.6
* Completely new response parsing code. Complex response items like
BODYSTRUCTURE and ENVELOPE are now handled properly and interaction
with the Gmail and MS Exchange IMAP implementations works correctly.
* Support for the COPY command
* Support for the XLIST extension (used by Gmail)
* select_folder() now returns a parsed response containing all
reported details about the selected folder.
* The return value from list_folders(), list_sub_folders() and
xlist_folders() now include the IMAP folder flags and folder
* Handling of internationalised folder names has been cleaned
up. Folder names now are always returned as unicode strings.
* Many bug fixes.
Web site: http://imapclient.freshfoo.com/
PyPI entry: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/IMAPClient/0.6
More information about the Python-announce-list