ANN: fancycompleter 0.2
anto.cuni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:07:12 CET 2010
fancycompleter 0.2 has been released.
>From the README:
fancycompleter is a module to improve your experience in Python by
TAB completion to the interactive prompt. It is an extension of the
* its best feature is that the completions are displayed in different
colors, depending on their type.
* To save space on screen, fancycompleter only shows the characters
"after the dot".
* If we press ``<TAB>`` at the beginning of the line, a real tab
character is inserted, instead of trying to complete. This is useful
when typing function bodies or multi-line statements at the prompt.
* Unlike rlcompleter, fancycompleter **does** complete expressions
containing dictionary or list indexing. For example,
``mydict['foo'].<TAB>`` works (assuming that mydict is a dictionary
and that it contains the key 'foo', of course :-)).
* Starting from Python 2.6, is the completed name is a callable,
rlcompleter automatically adds an open parenthesis ``(``. This is
annoying in case we do not want to really call it, so fancycompleter
disable this behaviour.
More information about the Python-announce-list