ANN: PyPM Index - build notification by author; import data

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at
Thu Nov 25 07:09:09 CET 2010

There are, now, a couple more features to the previously announced PyPM
Index that I think would be of interest if you are a developer of Python
packages on PyPI.

1. an RSS feed for each author that shows the recently failing builds
(eg: to identify bugs in releases)
2. The "import" feature shows if multiple packages provide the same
import (eg: site-packages/tests) ... and, map packages to imports and
vice-versa. See the "import conflicts" section for interesting set of cases.

For more details, see my blog post:

Sridhar Ratnakumar
Python Developer
ActiveState, The Dynamic Language Experts