Pogo 0.1

Jendrik Seipp jendrikseipp at web.de
Tue Oct 12 02:16:13 CEST 2010

I am proud to announce the first release of Pogo, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.

You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at

What is Pogo?
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.

What's new in 0.1 "Businessmen drink my blood" (2010-10-05)?
* Initial release
* Fork decibel audio player
* Rebranding
* Restructure interface (use space more efficiently, simplify)
* Write new playlist widget which groups albums
* Show clickable cover in lower right corner
* Make preferences dialog more accessible
* Make track position slider clickable with left mouse clicks
* Highlight all parents when playing a track
* Automatically hide redundant information in track titles
* Remove menubar and statusbar
* Add preferences button
* Highlight dropped rows after drag'n'drop
* Collapse rows when dragging only dirs
* Let slider tooltip display elapsed seconds
* Keep original ratio when scaling covers
* Remove unnecessary code
* Much code refactoring