Pogo 0.2

Jendrik Seipp jendrikseipp at web.de
Tue Oct 26 17:03:27 CEST 2010

I am proud to announce the first release of Pogo, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.

You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at

What is Pogo?
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.
Pogo is written in Python and uses GTK and gstreamer.

What's new in
0.2 "I hold the candle while you dance upon the flame" (2010-10-21)
* Make startup even faster by saving the playlist with its formatting
* Make track drag'n'drop faster by caching the tracks
* MPRIS support: Send DBus messages about play events (code from decibel)
* Do some profiling to improve general speed
* Append files added on commandline (pogo mytrack.mp3 myalbum
* Append files added from nautilus right-click menu
* Correctly add multiply nested directories
* Activate the Covers and Notifications modules by default
* Hide volume button (Only duplicates functionality of the Sound Indicator)
* Updated Translations