gevent 0.13.1 released
denis.bilenko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:17:32 CEST 2010
I'm happy to announce that Gevent 0.13.1 is released.
What is it?
gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library that uses
greenlet to provide a high-level synchronous API on top of libevent
* Fast event loop based on libevent (epoll on Linux, kqueue on FreeBSD).
* Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
* API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library (for
example there are Events and Queues).
* Cooperative sockets with ssl support.
* DNS queries performed through libevent-dns.
* Monkey patching utility to get 3rd party modules to become cooperative.
* Fast WSGI server based on libevent-http.
What's new in 0.13.1?
Gevent 0.13.1 is a maintenance release, fixing a number of bugs in
various modules. Read the full changelog here:
Get it from PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gevent
More information about the Python-announce-list