Cython 0.14.1 has been released
robertwb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:51:16 CET 2011
Cython 0.14.1 has just been released. This release is primarily a bug
fix release building on top of 0.14.
== New Features ==
- The gdb debugging support was extended to include all major Cython
features, including closures.
raise MemoryError() is now safe to use as Cython replaces it with the
correct C-API call.
- Better support for testing (including on Windows)
- General improvements and bug fixes
The bug tracker has a list of the major improvements and fixes:
== Incompatible changes ==
- Decorators on special methods of cdef classes now raise a compile
time error rather than being ignored.
- In Python 3 language level mode (-3 option), the 'str' type is now
mapped to 'unicode', so that cdef str s declares a Unicode string even
when running in Python 2.
== Contributors ==
Many people contributed to this release, including:
- Stefan Behnel
- Alexey Borzenkov
- Robert Bradshaw
- Lisandro Dalcin
- Mark Florisson
- W. Trevor King
- Vitja Makarov
A special thanks also to the many people who did testing and
contributed useful bug reports.
More information about the Python-announce-list