Python for Qt version 1.0.0~beta3 "salmiak" released

Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho renato.filho at openbossa.org
Fri Jan 7 16:00:12 CET 2011

The PySide team is happy to announce the third beta release of PySide:
Python for Qt. New versions of some of the PySide toolchain components
apiextractor, shiboken, libpyside have been released as well.

This is a source code release only; we hope our community packagers will
be providing provide binary packages shortly. To acquire the source code
packages, refer to our download wiki page [1] or pull the relevant
tagged versions from our git repositories [2].

Major changes since 1.0.0~beta2
===============================

This is a bugfix release. Since beta2, a total of 35 high-priority
bugs have been fixed. See the list of fixed bugs at the end of this message.

Path towards 1.0 release
========================

There are still some outstanding bugs in our Bugzilla [3]. To have these
fixed, we plan to do a new beta in two weeks. After that we will
check the possibility of a release candidate or other beta before 1.0.

About PySide
============

PySide is the Nokia-sponsored Python Qt bindings project, providing
access to not only the complete Qt 4.7 framework but also Qt Mobility,
as well as to generator tools for rapidly generating bindings for any
Qt-based libraries.

The PySide project is developed in the open, with all facilities you'd
expect from any modern OSS project such as all code in a git repository
[2], an open Bugzilla [5] for reporting bugs, and an open design
process [4]. We welcome any contribution without requiring a transfer of
copyright.

List of bugs fixed
==================

379	QGLWidget.bindTexture is missing
404	Tests fail both in pyside-qt.46+0.4.0 and pyside-qt.46+0.4.1
460	pyside-uic can't deal with QWizard
473	pyside tools lack manpages
474	Enums in non-generated namespaces aren't generated either.
481	mimeData() missing from QListWidget, QTreeWidget, QTableWidget
493	__eq__ and friends not implemented for QKeyEvent == QKeySequence
495	Broken rich compare operators if they use an object-type as parameter
502	Delegate generated editor widget is killed on C++ before its time
503	There's no bindings for QSslCertificate
506	Segmentation fault
514	Static method QByteArray.fromRawData is missing from QtCore
515	Global qAddPostRoutine function missing on QtCore
544	QtCore.QRect missing binding for method getCoords
546	Python crash on exit
547	QTreeWidget segmentation fault
549	[patch] QGraphicsWidget::getContentsMargins() and
QGraphicsWidget::getWindowFrameMargins() not available
554	Inner classes don't work and give us a segfault
557	Segmentation fault in QDeclarativeComponent.loadUrl()
558	print attribute of a QWebFrame cannot be accessed normally (syntax error)
561	pyside-uic generates invalid code when tab name is not translatable
563	Unhandled signal emitting with invalid signature (which leads to
application crash)
567	Compilation error - PySide
569	QTableWidgetItem is missing binding of __lt__ to operator<
570	Link to old wiki
572	Giving unicode value as 'body' argument to WebView's load method
crashes python
573	Problème avec fonction print() de QPrintPreviewWidget
576	QWidget.setParent( None ) producing orphaned Widgets which won't die
577	Reference to QString in docs
578	QtNetwork_basic_auth_test (Timeout)
580	lock (Timeout)
581	phonon_basic_playing_test (Timeout)
583	add a new QDatetime init function with 6 argument
585	QTreeWidgetItem disappear
587	Test: protected (Failed)