ANN: pyftpdlib 0.6.0 released
g.rodola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 22:24:29 CET 2011
I'm pleased to announce release 0.6.0 of Python FTP Server library (pyftpdlib).
=== About ===
Python FTP server library provides an high-level portable interface to easily write asynchronous FTP servers with Python. Based on asyncore framework pyftpdlib is currently the most complete RFC-959 FTP server implementation available for Python programming language.
=== Major changes ===
This new version, aside from fixing some bugs, includes some important new features:
* (finally) full FTPS (FTP over SSL/TS) support is now available
* configurable command line options
* a standardized and improved logging system for commands and transfers
* possibility to serve both IPv4 and IPv6 by using a single socket
* enhanced Unix and Windows authorizers, moved from demo directory and included in main library with a set of new options such as the possibility to specify which users should be granted for access.
* enabled TCP_NODELAY socket option for the FTP command channels resulting in pyftpdlib being twice faster.
* a new UnixFilesystem class which permits the client to escape its home directory and navigate the real filesystem.
A complete list of changes including enhancements, bug fixes and instructions for using the new functionalities is available here:
If you think pyftpdlib is worth a donation you can do so by going here:
=== More links ===
* Source tarball: http://pyftpdlib.googlecode.com/files/pyftpdlib-0.6.0.tar.gz
* Online docs: http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/wiki/Tutorial
* FAQs: http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/wiki/FAQ
* RFCs compliance paper: http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/wiki/RFCsCompliance
* Issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/issues/list
-- Giampaolo Rodola' < g.rodola [at] gmail [dot] com >
More information about the Python-announce-list