Pogo 0.4

Jendrik Seipp jendrikseipp at web.de
Mon Mar 14 02:29:29 CET 2011

I am proud to announce the release of Pogo 0.4, probably the simplest
and fastest audio player for Linux.

You can get the tarball and an Ubuntu deb package at

What is Pogo?
Pogo plays your music. Nothing else. It tries to be fast and
easy-to-use. Pogo's elementary-inspired design uses the screen-space
very efficiently. It is especially well-suited for people who organize
their music by albums on the harddrive. The main interface components
are a directory tree and a playlist that groups albums in an innovative way.
Pogo is a fork of Decibel Audio Player. Supported file formats include
Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Musepack, Wavpack, and MPEG-4 AAC.
Pogo is written in Python and uses GTK+ and gstreamer.

What's new in

  0.4 "I'm a complicated guy" (2011-03-14)
* Support for WAV files (LP:684161)
* Export playlist to .m3u format (right-click playlist)
* Show "Open containing folder" in context menu also for seaches
* When caching the files in the music directories do not slow down
* Save cover size between sessions
* Fix: adding files from command line by removing bash start script
* Fix: Compiz cover display problem
* Fix: Save maximized state
* Fix: Start playback automatically when tracks are appended, but not
when inserted
* Fix: Unhighlight not selected tracks always
* Code: Assert copyright with date (LP:692792)
* Code: Use pogo.py as binary directly for installations
* Update translations