Stackato - a platform for Python and Perl applications on public and private clouds

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:01:06 CEST 2011

 We're pleased to announce Stackato, the first end-to-end enterprise
cloud platform for dynamic language applications. Initially for Python
and Perl and based on Cloud Foundry, Stackato enables you to deploy,
manage, and scale Python and Perl applications in the private or public
cloud.

Sign up for the Stackato Developer Preview.

http://activestate.com/cloud

http://www.activestate.com/blog/2011/05/stackato-platform-python-and-perl-cloud

Simply install Stackato, deploy, and run your new or existing apps in
the cloud.

Plus with Stackato you'll get:

Easy deployment of existing apps to the cloud with little
re-engineering
Versatility—simple deployment from desktop to cloud via our award
winning Komodo IDE or from the command line
Portability between a virtual machine, a private cloud like
VMware's vSphere, or a public IaaS provider
Secure multi-tenancy and configuration of auto-scaling
Automatic provisioning of application environment with languages
and frameworks (such as Django, Pyramid, Mojolicious, or Catalyst)
Automatic provisioning of module/package dependencies
Choice of database engine (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
Much more...

All while relying on your choice of our ActivePython and ActivePerl
distributions.

Interested in giving it a try? Sign up for the Stackato Developer
Preview, and provide us with feature requests and early feedback. Your
opinions and comments are important to us!

We look forward to hearing from you, and hope that you're as excited as
we are to enter the cloud realm.

--
Sridhar Ratnakumar
Software Developer