[ANN] bzr 2.4.2 released
vila+bzr at canonical.com
Wed Nov 2 15:51:11 CET 2011
Here comes 2.4.2, our new stable release.
Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is a Canonical project and part of
the GNU project <http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.
This is a bugfix release. Most of the bugs dealt with portability
issues. Upgrading is recommended for all users of earlier 2.4 releases.
2.4.2 contains all known bug fixes for all stable releases (including
the ones we made for the previous stable series).
Thanks to all participants sending merge proposals, comments,
suggestions and feedback, we very much appreciate all of them.
Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.4/2.4.2/ as a source tarball.
Installers are on their way for windows and OSX and will be available
from the url above.
2.4.2 should be uploaded to debian and ubuntu Really Soon Now too.
The detailed changelog is available below,
* Fixed a bug where ``bzr tags -r x..y`` loaded the branch history once for
every revision in the range; it's now much faster. (Vincent Ladeuil, #857335)
* Fixed an infinite loop when creating a repo at the root of the filesystem,
i.e. "/", due to posixpath.normpath() not collapsing 2 leading slashes into
one, thus respecting the POSIX standard, but making relpath() loop infinitely.
(Florian Vichot, #861008)
* Fixed loading of external merge tools from config to properly decode
command-lines which contain embedded quotes. (Gordon Tyler, #828803)
* Include declaration of 'changed' to avoid an UnboundLocalError in dirstate
pyrex code with new Cython versions. (Denys Duchier, #837221)
* Prevent several kinds of OverflowError and other fallout from failing to fit
stat fields into four bytes in dirstate pack_stat implementations.
(Martin Packman, #683191 #706957)
* Return early from create_delta_index_from_delta given tiny inputs. This
avoids raising a spurious MemoryError on certain platforms such as AIX.
(John Arbash Meinel, #856731)
* Corrected documentation for ``bzr serve`` in the Admin Guide.
(Morten Bøgeskov, Martin Pool, #832576)
* Accept both old and new style testtools output in selftest tests.
(Jelmer Vernooij, Martin Packman, #815423)
* Fix the race for TestingThreadingTCPServer in
test_server_crash_while_responding. (Vincent Ladeuil, #869366)
* Really corrupt the pack file without depending on a special length or value.
(Vincent Ladeuil, #807032)
More information about the Python-announce-list