PythonAnywhere - a web-based Python console, IDE and hosting environment

Harry Percival harry at pythonanywhere.com
Fri Nov 18 18:14:15 CET 2011

Hideley-ho Python People!

So we've finally overcome "just-one-more-feature-itis" and decided it's
time to announce ourselves to the world. So, without further ado, but
with much pomp and fanfare, may we proudly present:

<http://www.pythonanywhere.com> PythonAnywhere!

A web-based python console, development environment, and hosting
service, all rolled into one, and featuring a snake made out of Python
chevrons. Oh yes.

You can find out more from our screencasts, on the front page (be sure
to check out the alternative versions too), but in brief:

- it's a web-based console, with Pythons 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, IPython, pypy...
and Bash!
- it's got a syntax-highlighting web-based editor, and each user gets
500MB of storage
- and we offer FREE web hosting for WSGI apps, with sqlite or MySQL
backends.

Hmmm. Browser-based Python... What the heck is the point of that, I hear
the cynics amongst you ask. WELL:

- you can suspend and resume console sessions from any browser or PC

- you can access and run your Python code anywhere you go, without
needing to install anything - a friend's house, an internet cafe in
Thailand, your jailhouse library's computer, wherever it may be.

- you can schedule automated tasks to run on our servers, any time of
day or night, without needing to waste your own electrickery.

- and you can host and deploy web apps, without having to worry about
installing packages, configuring web servers, firewalls, or, indeed,
*paying for it*.

So come check it out!  I absolutely, positively, cast-iron-guarantee
that, not only will you not be disappointed, but you will be literally*
blown away.  If you're not, I hereby authorise you, without any
reservation, to tweet angrily about it.

<http://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

See you soon!

~<:>>>===

Harry

* not literally.

--
Harry Percival
Developer
harry at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 3051 2751

PythonAnywhere - full python dev & hosting, in your browser
<http://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK