anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 04:43:45 CEST 2011
What is cx_Oracle?
cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
Where do I get it?
1) Simplify management of threads for callbacks performed by database
change notification and eliminate a crash that occurred under high
load in certain situations. Thanks to Calvin S. for noting the issue
and suggesting a solution and testing the patch.
2) Force server detach on close so that the connection is completely
closed and not just the session as before.
3) Force use of OCI_UTF16ID for NCLOBs as using the default character
set would result in ORA-03127 with Oracle 220.127.116.11 and UTF8 character
4) Avoid attempting to clear temporary LOBs a second time when
destroying the variable as in certain situations this results in
5) Added additional parameter service_name to makedsn() which can be
used to use the service_name rather than the SID in the DSN string
that is generated.
6) Fix cursor description in test suite to take into account the
number of bytes per character.
7) Added tests for NCLOBS to the test suite.
8) Removed redundant code in setup.py for calculating the library path.
More information about the Python-announce-list