ceODBC 2.0.1

Anthony Tuininga anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 22:54:02 CEST 2011

What is ceODBC?

ceODBC is a Python extension module that enables access to databases using the
ODBC API and conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
additions. I have tested this on Windows against SQL Server, Access, dBASE
and Oracle and others have reported success on more obscure drivers.
On Linux I have tested this against PostgreSQL and MySQL.

Where do I get it?

http://ceodbc.sourceforge.net

What's new?

1) Removed memory leak that occurred when binding parameters to a
cursor; thanks to Robert Ritchie and Don Reid for discovering this.

2) Remove the password from the DSN in order to eliminate potential
security leaks.

3) Improve performance when logging is disabled or not at level DEBUG
by avoiding the entire attempt to log bind variable values.

4) Use the size value rather than the length value when defining
result set variables since the length value is for the length of the
column name; thanks to Heran Quan for the patch.

5) Added support for Python 3.2.