PyCon Finland 2011: two weeks left to register & updates

Petri Lehtinen petri at
Fri Sep 16 12:26:25 CEST 2011

There's only two weeks left to register to PyCon Finland 2011!
Register now at !

Here are some updates:

Due to the generosity of our great sponsors, we'll be able to stand a
dinner on Monday evening for everyone with a corporate and normal

If you have already registered as a student and are willing to upgrade
your ticket, please contact hallitus at or me directly. If you
have a normal ticket but are not going to attend the dinner, also
please tell us so that we will know the number of participants.

Information for Guests

We whipped up a new venue, travel and accommodation guide. It is
available at, and it contains lots of
good information for those who haven't visited Finland or Turku

There's also a guest list available at, to make it easier to organize
traveling together, etc. Feel free to add your contact information

Pre-conference activities

We'll organize a pre-conference meetup at restaurant Koulu,
Eerikinkatu 18, Turku, on Sunday October 16th at 19:00. If you're
coming to Turku already on Sunday, we hope to see you there!

Spread the word!

There's only two weeks left to register to PyCon Finland. Spread the
word, write to your blogs, tell your friends and co-workers. Let's
make it this year's best conference in Finland!

Mikko Ohtamaa, one of the organizers, wrote a great blog post:

3 reasons why you should send your corporate representative to PyCon (Finland)

A must-read for every employer!

Petri Lehtinen
Organizer, PyCon Finland 2011