Announce: Windows version of LDTP - GUI test automation tool

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at
Thu Apr 19 02:07:21 CEST 2012

I'm excited to announce Windows version of Linux Desktop Testing Porject
(WinLDTP) !!!

Special thanks:
VMware Inc permitting me to open source my work
VMware Desktop Engineering QE team to test it extensively
David Connet <dconnet at> for creating the WinLDTP installer

Existing LDTP API's are compatible with WinLDTP, if there is any mismatch
then we have to fix it ;-)

About LDTP:

Linux Desktop Testing Project is aimed at producing high quality test
automation framework (using GNOME / Python) and cutting-edge tools that can
be used to test Linux Desktop and improve it. It uses the Accessibility
libraries to poke through the application's user interface. We strive to
help in building a quality desktop.

Download source:

Download binary (Windows XP / Windows 7):
System requirement: .NET 3.5, refer README.txt after installation

Documentation references:

For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit

For information on various APIs in LDTP including those added for this
release can be got from

Report bugs -

To subscribe to LDTP mailing lists, visit

IRC Channel - #ldtp on

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -