ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.13.0-1.0.0g

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Mon Feb 13 14:49:39 CET 2012

ANNOUNCING

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

                         Version 0.13.0-1.0.0g

             An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
             of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
            available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.13.0-1.0.0g-1.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python.

It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

    https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

    http://www.openssl.org/

NEWS

This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
included pyOpenSSL version to 0.13.0 and the included OpenSSL version
to 1.0.0g.

Main new features in pyOpenSSL sine 0.10.0

 * pyOpenSSL 0.11 fixes a few bugs related to error processing;
   see https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/+announcement/7128

 * pyOpenSSL 0.12 fixes interaction with memoryviews, adds TLS
   callbacks and x509 extension introspection;
   see https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/+announcement/8151

 * pyOpenSSL 0.13 adds OpenSSL 1.0 support (which eGenix
   contributed) and a few new APIs;
   see https://lists.launchpad.net/pyopenssl-users/msg00008.html

Please see Jean-Paul Calderone's above announcements for more details.

New features in OpenSSL 1.0.0g since 1.0.0a

OpenSSL 1.0.0g fixes several vulnerabilities relative to 1.0.0a:

    http://openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities.html

and includes a number of stability enhancements as well as extra
protection against attacks:

    http://openssl.org/news/changelog.html

New features in the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution

 * Updated the pyOpenSSL license information from LGPL to
   Apache License 2.0.

 * Added support for Python 2.7 on all platforms.

 * Added documentation for automatic download of egg distributions
   using compatible tools such as easy_install and zc.buildout.

As always, we provide binaries that include both pyOpenSSL and the
necessary OpenSSL libraries for all supported platforms:
Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X PPC, x86 and x64.

We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

UPGRADING

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distributon, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
sales at egenix.com.

Enjoy,

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 13 2012)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/