jendrikseipp at web.de
Tue Jan 24 18:07:35 CET 2012
A new RedNotebook version has been released.
You can get the tarball, the Windows installer and links to distribution
What is RedNotebook?
RedNotebook is a **graphical journal** and diary helping you keep track
of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable
templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format,
tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is available in the
repositories of most common Linux distributions and a Windows installer
is available. It is written in Python and uses GTK+ for its interface.
* Let tags be categories without entries. This greatly simplifies and in
fact unifies tags and categories.
* Unify clouds and search -> Show the search bar above the clouds
When a search is made, substitute the word cloud with the search results.
* Apply styling for thick horizontal lines
- Thin line: --------------------
- Thick line: ====================
* Apply formatting only once if a format button is clicked multiple times
* Allow "Close to tray" only on Windows as most modern Linux distros
don't have a tray anymore (lp:902228)
If you still want the tray icon, set closeToTray=1 in the
* Make journal saving more than twice as fast by using libyaml.
* Change Ctrl-PageUp(Down) directions to be more intuitive
* Update and revise help text
* Fix: utf-8 special chars not displayed correctly in html export for
* Fix: Do not abort if a wrong regex is entered
* Fix: Correctly highlight all picture formats in edit mode
* Fix: When the format button is clicked and a tag is selected, format
it instead of the editor pane
* Write month only if changes are actually made (LP:871730)
* Call categories tags in more places
* Print PDF export path after export
* Do not warn if second instance is suspected (too many false-positives)
* Updated translations
More information about the Python-announce-list