PyCon Argentina 2012: 5 financial aid grants available (ARS $1500 each) - last week for talk submission
reingart at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 21:23:23 CEST 2012
PyCon Argentina is pleased to announce an extended set of 5 financial
aid grants up to $1500 ARS pesos, around 300 USD each grant (according
current currency exchange), to help speakers to cover travel and
Do not wait to apply, applications will be analysed in a
rolling-basis, the first applicants will be given priority.
To propose activities please go to:
To apply for financial aid please read the instructions and fill the
This is the last week to submit talk proposals (deadline June 6th, 2012).
Don't miss this chance to speak at the largest gathering of the
Spanish-speaking Python community and interact with almost 500
expected attendees, including high skilled python developers,
entrepreneurs, scientific researchers, teachers and students.
This year the conference will be held in Buenos Aires, one of the most
important latin-american cities, full of nearby attractions!
Talks and tutorials in English or Portuguese are welcome if you are
not comfortable with Spanish.
This year's PyCon AR preconfirmed special international speakers
includes so far:
* Massimo Di Pierro (USA) - De Paul University - web2py / FermiQCD
* Andrea Gavana (Denmark) - Maersk Oil - wx.lib.agw & 2D/3D visualization
* Brett Cannon (Canada) - Google - python core developer: importlib py3k pypy
* Christophe Pettus (USA) - PostgreSQL Experts - Django & ORMs
* Thiago Avelino (Brasil) - Mochii - MongoDB - London
* Craig Kerstiens (USA) - Heroku - Tools, django, Postgres
* John Anderson (Chile) - pyramid, gevent-socketio, real-time web
Pycon Argentina is not possible without corporate sponsorship.
For companies interested in sponsoring of PyCon AR we recommend to
check sponsorship conditions at:
Please spread the word and let other, interested people know about
PyCon Argentina 2012 Chair
More information about the Python-announce-list