Jython 2.7 alpha1 is out!

fwierzbicki at gmail.com fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:56:31 CEST 2012

On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Jython 2.7 alpha1 is available for download here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jython/files/jython-dev/2.7.0a1/jython_installer-2.7a1.jar/downloaddownload.
See the installation instructions here:
http://wiki.python.org/jython/InstallationInstructions

I'd like to thank Adconion Media Group for sponsoring my work on
Jython 2.7. I'd also like to thank the many contributors to Jython.

Jython 2.7 alpha1 implements much of the functionality introduced by
CPython 2.6 and 2.7. There are still some missing features, in
particular bytearray and the io system are currently incomplete.

Please report any bugs here: http://bugs.jython.org/ Thanks!

-Frank