StoryText 3.8 - GUI testing tool
geoff.bache at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:25:10 CEST 2012
The 3.8 release features the following:
- The NameChooser UI has been generalised and enhanced, offering a
hierarchical view and the possibility to create shortcuts.
- Added retry loop when replayed events fail, means some application
events aren't needed
- New file-polling mechanism added for synchronising on external events
- Possibilities to filter out certain widget types from the description
- Many improvements to SWT/Eclipse RCP/GEF support which continues to mature
- Some improvements and fixes for Swing also
- Support for PyGTK apps using gtk.Builder added
A bit more detail:
StoryText is an unconventional GUI testing tool for PyGTK, Tkinter,
wxPython, Swing and SWT along with a Python framework for testing GUIs
Instead of recording GUI mechanics directly, it asks the user for
descriptive names and hence builds up a "domain language" along with a
"UI map file" that translates this language into actions on the
current GUI widgets. The point is to reduce coupling, allow very
expressive tests, and ensure that GUI changes mean changing the UI map
file but not all the tests.
Instead of an "assertion" mechanism, it auto-generates a log of the
GUI appearance and changes to it. The point is then to use that as a
baseline for text-based testing, using TextTest.
It also includes support for instrumenting code so that "waits" can be
recorded, making it far easier for a tester to record correctly
synchronized tests without having to explicitly plan for this.
Mailing list: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/texttest-users
More information about the Python-announce-list