ANN: Using xtopdf and pypyodbc to publish MS Access database data to PDF

vasudevram vasudevram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 00:22:20 CEST 2013

Wrote a program that lets you publish your MS Access database data to PDF, using Python, ReportLab, xtopdf and pypyodbc.

(This code will go into my xtopdf toolkit (a Python toolkit for PDF creation) after cleanup, in a while.)

Link:

http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2013/04/using-xtopdf-and-pypyodbc-to-publish-ms.html

Note: Saw some comments about my blog post on the Python Reddit, which made me realize that I had not explained that similar code can be used to publish data from any ODBC database (for which you have an ODBC driver, and which is supported by pypyodbc), to PDF. All you have to do is change the connection string in the code, and maybe a few other small tweaks for differences between SQL dialects of different RDBMS's.

Enjoy.

- Vasudev Ram
www.dancingbison.com
jugad2.blogspot.com