ANN Queues: Distributed, Fault-Tolerant Message Processing by PiCloud

John Riley john at picloud.com
Fri Apr 12 02:25:33 CEST 2013

PiCloud's (http://www.picloud.com) latest feature gives Python users a
distributed, fault-tolerant message queue with a scalable message
processing system. We ensure that you never lose any messages, and that
they're processed at the speed you need--even thousands of messages per
second.

More information:
Blog Post:
http://blog.picloud.com/2013/04/03/introducing-queues-creating-a-pipeline-in-the-cloud/
Documentation: http://docs.picloud.com/queue.html

What's it for?
Queues let you decouple discrete components of your application, and
simplify communication between them as the pushing and popping of messages.
Queues are perfect for integrating PiCloud into a web application backend,
or any realtime, high-throughput system. If your workloads have been too
short (< 1s) to use our job system effectively, or you've found difficulty
creating a multi-stage pipeline with jobs, then you'll want to give queues
a try!

You'll need the latest cloud library v2.7.7 to use the feature.

Best Regards,
John