Release 3.2.0 of CodeInvestigator.
martien.friedeman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:16:16 CEST 2013
CodeInvestigator 3.2.0 was released on August 21.
- Chrome browser: search by value
- less memory usage
- nested iterations remain at selected iteration as much as possible
- block colors now follow a set pattern
- searches are now grouped in subgroups
- user can now use middle-click to open functions in a separate tab
- user can use <refresh> <back> <forward> and bookmarks
- more shortcut keys
- printout position retained over iterations
- iteration tabs can now be scrolled through
You need Python >= 2.7 and Firefox or Chrome for CodeInvestigator.
CodeInvestigator is a tracing tool for Python programs.
Running a program through CodeInvestigator creates a recording.
Program flow, function calls, variable values and conditions are all
stored for every line the program executes.
The recording is then viewed with an interface consisting of the
code. The code can be clicked: A clicked variable displays its
value, a clicked loop displays its iterations.
You read code, and have at your disposal all the run time details of
that code. A computerized desk check tool and another way to learn
about your program.
More information about the Python-announce-list